Monday, April 25, 2005

Today's Frustration

This home equity thing is just full of frustration.

I am kinda glad that it took a long time to close, because that let me learn that I could have a new bike, and gave me the time to search for a good used one, and come up empty. It's still somewhat frustrating, though. I could have performed the same search with a check in my wallet.

Today, we closed on the deal. The closing was smooth, only took like 18 minutes or so, and about 15 signatures from me and like 3 from Courtney. No biggie, and the lady doing the close was very nice, although she looked kinda wierd.

During the closing, we find out that if we close/pay off the HELOC before 3 years is up, we have to pay citi back for the closing costs that they are paying right now. That would have been nice to know before the closing.

At one point, Ed told me that there was a federally-mandated three day wait before the loan company could issue funds. About a week ago, Ed called me and asked if we would need any money the day of closing, and I told him I just needed a couple of starter checks. Because he called me and asked this particular question, I thought his earlier statement that there was a three day wait had been incorrect. At the closing, we found out that the original statement was correct, we aren't going to have starter checks until 4 days have gone by. Another frustration.

So, tomorrow, I am going to Ron Turner when they open, and put a deposit on my bike. I called like 5 other Yamaha dealers, and none of them have a black 2005 R6, and all but one said it would be July before they could get me the bike. One guy in Camden County, Ga said he could get one in a week or two, but I think he was full of crap.

Looks like I'll be buying the bike from Ron Turner, and hopefully picking it up by this weekend. That kinda sucks, but not too bad. I was really expecting something like this, so I was trying not to get too excited.

I have to call the MSF course back and find out when I can come and retake the driving test. At least I will get to ride my bike to the test, if I so choose, since I got my permit today.

Have I mentioned how much I love Yellowcard? I totally dig their music. The way they blend punk music with a violin is awesome!
Listening to: Back Home - Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue (03:55)

No comments: