Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm mended now

I am no longer torn. I went to see the yellow bike yesterday. Let me just say that I am glad it was in Jacksonville. Had I driven several hours to see that bike, I would have been quite pissed off.

It wasn't so much that the guy wasn't there when we got there, even though I was right on time for our scheduled appointment. It wasn't so much that the guy's girlfriend(who was wearing a wedding band) didn't invite us in while we waited. It wasn't so much that the guy had wrecked the bike, but hadn't mentioned that during our phone conversations. It wasn't even the fact that the guy admitted that second gear was slipping.

It was really the combination. Crappy paint, scratched forks, hole-in-the-muffler fast, mechanical defects, and rude. No thanks, dude. I'll go for another bike.

I still haven't decided if I want to get a new bike or not. I think I will keep checking for a used one for a week or two, and if I can't find one or decide I want a new one, I'll go see a dealer.

No comments: