Monday, April 04, 2005

Be nice to Courtney

Courtney had a really bad night last night, and is in a lot of pain today. Mikayla woke up several times last night(she kept getting tangled in her blanket). Mik woke up at 1, 2, 3, and 5 am. I got up at 1, but Courtney was startled when Mik cried, so she jerked around in the bed. That didn't feel too good on her incredibly painful abdomen. Then, at 3, Courtney was trying to go take care of Mik, but only made it to the door before her disorientation caused her to fall.

So in addition to her being in pain from jerking around in the bed, she fell and had to try to catch herself and bounced off the floor. All bad.

Then, at 8, as I was getting ready for work, the damn cat jumped while running, and landed RIGHT DEAD on her stomach. Courtney started crying immediately. She was clearly in a lot of pain. Unfortunately, her doctor only gave her like 10 days worth of pain meds, and no refills.

Obviously I wasn't going to abandon her while she was in this state, so I had to call in and miss some more work. I hate to give this kind of impression at a new job, but my family comes way way first. This job is just that, and I can always get another if I need to. I doubt it will be a problem, my boss is pretty understanding, but I am prepared if need be.

As a smaller irritation, I was supposed to pick mom up at her mechanic's, and give her a ride to work today. That is out. I will check with her and see if I can give her a ride home at least tonight.

We called her dr around 11:30, and the stupid nurse kept trying to get her to go to the ER, or come in for an appt. The problem is that we just went to the ER, and just went in for an appt, and nothing has changed since then except she ran out of pain meds and was beat up a little this morning.

The nurses at her doctor's office are worthless. Every time we have to call them, I want to choke the life out of them. bastards.

Here it is two hours later, and they haven't even called her back to let her know if she can have more pain meds. I am so frustrated I could scream.

The only positive in the day is that Mindy really came through for us, again. Thank you Mindy, for your help and support. Courtney and I could not have made it through the last three months without you and my mom helping us out so much. We owe you both so much, and we want you to know that we appreciate you and and appreciate your sacrifices.

No comments: