Monday, May 02, 2005

My bike is Frickin' AWESOME!!!

I had a blast on my bike this weekend. We definitely made the right choice getting this bike. I was totally comfortable riding it. The bike wasn't a monster, like I feared. It's really easy to drive calmly on the bike, and you KNOW that there is a ton more power available when/if you need it.

I don't think I twisted the throttle more than 1/4 of the way the whole time I was on the bike, and I was definitely getting pushed back in the seat, and having to hold on to the bars.

I put gas in the bike at like 37 miles, because the light came on. I think the light came on due to a hard accel or decel, though, because it only took like 3.5 gals to fill. The tank holds about 4.6 gals, so I think the light wasn't supposed to come on for a few more miles. Plus, the light turned back off a minute or so after I noticed it.

Some really cool things I didn't know before:

  • No gas gauge, just an idiot light. To compensate, there is a special trip meter that is automatically activated when the gas light comes on, to let you know how long ago it came on.
  • There are helmet holders inside the cargo compartment on the bike, so I can hang my helmet off the back like an idiot
  • Riding is not nearly as scary as I thought it would be, although I haven't gone on any major roads yet, so that might be part of it


I'm having a hard time keeping my riding to a minimum until I get my frame sliders installed. Maybe I will work on that tonight. I have to get a couple of tools before I can do that, so I'll try to hit HD or Lowes today, on the way home. Wonder if Courtney and Mik will be up for that?

No comments: