Tuesday, March 01, 2005

8 Hours ?!!?

I think we did it. I think we have cracked the code on Mik's sleeping.

Last night, I went to bed early( around 11 ). Courtney was feeding Mik. Re came and got me about two hours later, all stressed out because Mik wouldn't sleep. So, Daddy to the rescue. I hate to sound like I'm gloating, but for once, Mik fell right asleep for me. Usually, I have to get Courtney to help me get her to sleep. When I come and ask Re to help, she usually has Mik snoring in like 2 seconds. Well, last night, I was the hero. I got Mik knocked out in like 3 minutes.

Here's what I did: I redid her burrito, I think Courtney had the excess too low on Mik's body(like under her legs). So, Mik was kicking her feet up and that let the blanket loosen enough for her to get her arms out. So I rewrapped her, and put the excess squarely under her back. Then I rubbed her head, back and forth, from forehead to the back of her head, while she sucked her passy. Almost as soon as I touched her head, her eyes snapped shut, and she calmed down(stopped screaming like a banshee). I kept up the head rub for about 5-10 minutes, just to be safe, and then I was out of there and back in bed.

I wanted to go to bed early because I figured she would wake up around 4 and be up for 2 hours like she did Sunday night. That sucked. Getting up for work at 4 am is BAD. Well, I went to sleep around 11, until 1, when I helped Courtney out, and then back to sleep. My alarm woke me up. Did you catch that? I actually woke up to my alarm. That is the first time I have had a full nights sleep in two months. I got 5 solid hours, and about 7 total. I feel so rested today it's crazy.

Mik ate last night around 10:30 - 11. She didn't wake up for food until 9 am. And then she only needed 4 ounces to be happy. Woo Freakin Hoo! Ooh rah even.

No comments: