Thursday, July 13, 2006

Taking a collection

Alright folks, as many of you know, Courtney and I have had to cut out all frivolous expenses recently.

This sucks for many reasons, but right now, I want to tell you about one particular tragedy. I had planned to attend the Microsoft GameFest game development conference here in Seattle next month. The normal cost for this event is $450, but I am an elite, so my cost is only going to be $150.

As you all should know, it is my ultimate aspiration to support my family by creating and selling games to the unwashed masses. There are a few really huge announcements coming during this conference, and there are like 25 sessions I’d like to attend. Unfortunately, even if I go, it’s only a 2 day event, so I can attend max 16 sessions.

This is where you all come in. I’m putting a hand out in need. Dire need. I don’t know if I will be able to face another year with no game dev conference. The only other conference for game devs that I want to attend costs like $3000, so I’m giving you all a deal.

Now, if everyone that reads this blog donates some money, then I only need $80 from each reader.

That was a joke. Seriously, though, I’m hoping that you will all find it in your hearts to send me some little bit of money, so I can go and check out this conference. You can consider it charity, and you can claim it on your taxes (Note that I said you can claim it, not that it is legal to do so).

The easiest way for you to contribute is to send some dollars to my paypal account (Cullen_waters AT hotmail DOT com). For those that aren’t familiar, you have to replace the ‘AT’ with ‘@’, and the ‘DOT’ with ‘.’ when you send the money, or some other guy will get to go to GameFest in my place. And that would be a whole nother tragedy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you able to get the donations that you needed.

Cullen Waters said...

Well, technically, I've gotten a pledge for the money, but no money yet.

Any additional funds received will be used to fuel my game development habit, so feel free to send more!