Monday, February 28, 2005

Did we crack the code?

Last night, Courtney and I tried something new to get Mik to sleep. We tightly wrapped her up in a blanket (burrito-ed her), and then put her in her crib. Since she couldn't thrash around, she only screamed for about 2-3 minutes, then was deeply asleep. She semi woke two or three times, but each time I just went in and moved some covers off her, and she dropped back off.

We put her in her burrito at about 10 pm. She was asleep until 4 am!!! That is 6 solid hours of sleep. The only drawback is that she was wide awake at 4, and didn't go back to sleep until 6:30 or so. If we can keep her awake and happy until 11 or so, we won't really have to wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I can easily adapt to getting out of bed at 5:00 or 5:30. All I have to do is convince Courtney to let me get in bed at9:00 or 10:00 every night. I don't know if she will go for it, but I can sure try.

No comments: