Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finally caught back up

When I recovered all of my data after the hard drive crash, I just put it all into a folder on the new computer. Tonight, I finished getting all of the data back into the right directories.

I double checked that everything in source control was up to date, and made sure that my DeskBlogger code was correct. I thought I had missed the boat on some of it, because the msi that was available for download was out of date (I just updated it to the newest version, which I am using to type this entry).

I have a set of features for v2, also. I'm going to change the work flow, so that you don't have to log in to your blog before posting. To do that, I'm going to have to decouple the post object from the blog object (up to now, a post has contained a reference to the particular blog that it is associated with).

I'm going to change that, and allow the post to exist without knowledge of a blog. This will allow a user to type one or more blog entries, and save them to the local machine, without having to connect to the internet. This will also make it easier for those people that have multiple blogs to post their entries to all of them.

Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: